What do you do when you have 6 jalapeños and you want to use them all at once?
You make Jalapeño Sauce!
Yeah, I sure did!
It was ready in about 15 minutes.
And, more importantly:
It was delicious!
It’s full of flavor, not too spicy AT ALL.. and, dare I say, this sauce is light and fluffy?
It sure is! That’s thanks to the immersion blender used to bring it all together.
Seriously, this sauce is the bomb. I couldn’t get enough, and even the children loved it – including Legendary Khalifah who doesn’t like spicy foods.
In addition to all of the taste benefits, it’s also easy to put together because of the simple ingredients. It’s about 6 ingredients!
I don’t have many pictures but I can tell you how I made it!
The official ingredients are:
- 6 jalapeños, chopped round – seeds and all
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt (use less if your using regular white salt.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
– First, you want to chop the jalapeños and onion and then boil them together in a pot for about 10 minutes (until they get soft) then drain them.
– Next you’ll combine the olive oil, garlic, sugar, and salt.
– Then add the jalapeños and onions.
– You’ll want to use a container that is tall enough to keep the sauce organized as you immersion blend it.
– If you don’t have an immersion blender, I’m 100% sure that any blender will work.
– Next, Blend! Get it nice and smooth and creamy! The color will lighten up into a beautiful green.
– Lastly, you have my permission to eat this light and fluffy sauce with everything on your dinner plate.
Or breakfast plate.
Or lunch plate.
And did I mention that it’s also good with snack crackers?
I ate some with a cabbage fritter and it was delicious.
Seriously, stop reading this and go make this sauce! Everyone will thank you! 🙂