Every day, I meditate. As my life gets more chaotic behind the scenes, I find myself meditating a lot more! Here are some things I’ve noticed with regular meditation practice:
- There is truth in the saying “Prayer is you talking to God. Meditation is when you listen.”
- It’s easy to fall asleep while meditating.
- When you meditate, people will think that you are sleeping sometimes.
- When you find it challenging to meditate, it may just mean that you are weak at controlling your thoughts.
- Silence is not a requirement. There is real strength in being able to meditate with sounds in the background.
My personal meditation practices evolve over the years. When I’m the most intense about it, my body literally craves it! The less time I have to sit quietly, the more I want to do it.
I do recommend that everyone try to get some meditation in. The more I do, the more centered and calm I feel. It’s like being able to look into your mind and see where you are with your self control and inner will. For that reason, I do think it’s best not to think about anything while you’re meditating.
Anyway, give it a try if you don’t already. Let me know how it works for you 🙂