You may be surprised by the lack of surprises!
So I’ve planned a simple meal. Instead of quantity of dishes, I’m only going to do a few and I’ll make the quality especially delicious!
Here are the savory menu items:
- Roasted Vegetables
- Macaroni & Cheese (with vegan cheese)
- Sourdough bread stuffing
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- A Tofurky (tofu styled like turkey roast)
And that’s it. I’ll probably pick up some frozen rolls as well.
- A Chocolate Delight (A family recipe that I got from my Aunt last night! It’s like a creamy chocolate dessert)
- Some kind of cake. My family likes yellow cake but.. idk if I will go that way tbh. I’m going for least amount of effort here!
And then, there are some miscellaneous and/or experimental items that I’ll make on the weekend following Thanksgiving :
- A butternut squash cream pie (my own recipe. I’ll tell you how it turns out!)
- Green bean casserole
- A chocolate mint pie
- Vegan sausage and potato soup
- Sauteed Kale
And that’s pretty much it. At least, that’s all I wrote down on the menu I drafted last night.
Legendary and I are going shopping tonight, too. Hopefully to beat the crowds?
In addition, we’ve been given a bag of apples so an apple dessert may be in the works but I dont know. I actually dislike the task of peeling apples and I dont like desserts with the peeling on them so who knows what we’re going to do with those bad boys.
We will also pick up some sparkling water so we can make our own special drinks ! No soda here, thanks! Heyyy maybe we can make our own ginger ale? There is a huge hand of ginger in the fridge. I think it could work!
Okay, that’s all folks! I’ll do another post with pics… maybe…. but if you really want updates maybe you should follow me on Twitter! @StarLightEasy 💫