If you want an easy “follow back”, follow me: @StarLightEasyContinue reading I Joined Twitter
Around Easy Light Sources, we say this a lot : The Earth has everything we need to be healthy and healed.
As human beings, we talk about ourselves a lot… And a majority of us see things from our perspective pretty much exclusively.
However, from the Earth’s perspective, the same quote applies to the health of Planet Earth.
Planet Earth has everything that it/she needs to be healthy and healed. But the practices and industries that human beings have created make it harder for the Earth to heal itself.
Things like factory farming and cutting down trees are violent energies that a lot of people have become desensitized to.
But those are the things that are destroying the Planet.
We all have a choice: help to heal the World OR stay on the same track that you’ve been on, eating the same unhealthy things that you’ve been eating forever and continuing to be addicted to it.
Whatever attachments people have to meat, sugar, and dairy – it doesn’t matter. The Earth is having a harder time to sustain itself as the violence to the Earth, ocean, and the atmosphere continues.
The word violence here is very appropriate. Anyone who thinks it’s too drastic to say that only perpetuates that desensitization is embedded in Earth culture.
Not meaning to get too fussy but it’s important to highlight the importance of giving caring energy to the Earth.
If you care at all about:
- The Health of Future Generations – (Not just the Earth that our children will inherit but the dietary habits as well. Childhood addiction to sugar is how you start your child down a path that is hard to break. And yes, meaty products are “tasty” but they’re also addicting. Teach babies that strawberries (and other fruits) taste good and they’ll be on a healthier path for life. Learn how to cook and season vegetables and it won’t be hard to eat them.)
- The Oceans – ( they are getting to hot and acidic and nautical habitats are dying. And over harvesting creating dead zones all over the natural world under the sea.)
- The Trees (Amazon Rainforests continue to be cut down for mass farming. And seriously, IS THERE ANY RAINFOREST LEFT AT THIS POINT?? Somebody go and take a picture because I need to see something.)
- The Planetary Water Supply (Harvesting animals uses sooo much fresh water. After all this time (70+ years), the Earth is having a hard time maintaining the balance. Especially with trees being torn down. Trees help to maintain balance on the surface of the Earth and below. Is the meat and dairy industry so dumb that they don’t understand the importance of trees, or do they just not care? The answer: they don’t care.)
- The Animals – (Everyone agrees that murder, rape, manipulation, and separating a mom and baby are terrible acts for someone to go through. But that happens to thousands of animals every day. Why is it okay to rape animals? That’s not fair. It happens all the time. Desensitization.)
Okay, this is Easy Light Sources so let’s lighten it up!
The good news? It’s EASY to help the environment!!!
You probably think I’m going to say GO VEGAN because of the mass amount of vegan propaganda but I’m not going there. I don’t even call myself a vegan.
Want to help Planet Earth? Stop eating so many animals and animal products. Stop consuming so much sugar, too! THAT’S IT.
In the case of sugar, make a choice to eat smaller amounts of it. Sugar is in almost everything and in high amounts. It takes effort to be healthy. But laziness has never been very rewarding anyway.
For meat, eat less of it. Make a conscious effort to take a day or a few days and just not eat animals. It’s really not that hard, ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE VEGETARIAN MEAT AND CHEESE SUBSTITUTES OUT THERE.
Technically, cheese is already vegetarian but you know what I mean. Mother cows are raped for that extra sharp cheddar cheese, too.
It all comes down to better choices. Let’s do it for the Planet!
And here’s a video about the Planetary Health Diet! https://youtu.be/G0JMZWgmA_o
Conscious eating is the key to getting the most benefit from your meals! Here are 10 tips to help:
- Look at your food. Take a moment to appreciate the colors of your plate.
- Be aware of your eating style. If you typically rush through your meals then maybe some changes to that are in the near future.
- Avoid mindless eating triggers like eating while playing games, watching TV, or driving.
- Find a peaceful environment to eat in. Stressed eating is a bad idea.
- Eat a wide range of colorful foods! Eating a range of foods will also ensure that you’re getting the most nutrients possible.
- Be aware of how you’re feeling and emotions.
- Accept your meal and don’t judge yourself too harshly for unhealthy foods. However, if you are saying “I shouldn’t be eating this” then listen to yourself and stop eating it 🙂
- Consume positive energy as you eat, such as a positive television show or uplifting book or music.
- Prepare foods with love and care.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid over eating.
Thanks for reading!
Hear me talk about a few here!
Hello my dear readers! I’d like to invite you to join Club Easy!
The official name is Club Easy to Understand Health Information.
The goal of Club Easy is to provide accurate knowledge on health topics and create a network to support each other.
If you like to learn new things and like to talk about fruits and vegetables, Club Easy is definitely the place for you! Join today 🙂
Quorn veggie food products are meal staples for lots of vegetarians. They now also have no-egg foods available so vegans can also get in on the action 🙂
There are over ten tasty products available by Quorn. I’m going to go over these four today and then update this post as I try the rest!
Quorn is definitely plant based as the key protein source used here is called Mycoprotein – a single-cell organism sort of like fungi. There are articles that suggest it’s a type of mold. One of the things that make this type of protein unique is the texture. The way the proteins grow make for a tender mouth-feel, as opposed to soy which had spun proteins that produce a distinct ‘chew’.
According to the food package, some people have adverse allergy-type reactions when they consume Mycoprotein.
In my house, we’re not allergic and we enjoy these products as a cool alternative to soy-based veggie burgers etc.
Being less familiar with their vegan foods, I couldn’t wait to try these spicy chik’n patties.
Upon tasting I found out that they are not very spicy. They also are a little dry, I needed extra ketchup. And they’re small in diameter as well.
Would I buy again? Sure, if I needed a chik’n product this were the only one available 🙂
Next, these grounds:
This is good for all types of things! We like tacos around here and this is what we commonly use for the “meat”.
Grounds are also tasty for hamburger helper type of meals as well as pasta and chili 🌶️ That reminds me, I make a great Chipotle chili! I should do that again soon hmmmm…
Now, what about these?
I recently tasted a stir-fry made with these and it was wonderful. The application for these are pretty universal, honestly. They’re great in pot pies and casseroles. Good for those times when meat eaters and vegans share a meal together.
Asian spices go really well too. Hellooo sweet chili oil!
Yup, my plant-based son Legendary loves these. It’s nice to be able to give him a popular food that is not made with the popular crappy ingredients.
Good to go! I will update this post as need-be 🙂
Update: new packaging spotted!
Some interesting food items can be found on the sale rack! It’s not always for discontinued items, but sometimes for new/introductory foods as well. Case in point:
The FiorFiore brand is new to Food Lion and so they had super low prices to encourage people to try it. Worked for me!
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the products in this line!
Crunchy and bread flavored.
Good. Crunchy. Filling. No olive flavor.
Bigger than expected. The olive oil used in these gives some great flavor. Great with the pepper spread.
Tasty af! Tomatoes is the number one ingredient and it shows.
Spray Balsamic Vinegar
What a great idea. Perfect flavor; sweet and tangy.
Good shortbread based cookie. Generously coated with chocolate.
Eating these moist cookies is an experience. They’re really almondy… not just in flavor but in texture too. They’re also individually wrapped, which is a huge bonus.
Out of all of these things, I’m most likely to re-purchase the Spray-on Balsamic Vinegar.
Here’s a video review I made after trying all of these things!
Update: The prices did indeed increase! Check it out: