Around Easy Light Sources, we say this a lot : The Earth has everything we need to be healthy and healed.
As human beings, we talk about ourselves a lot… And a majority of us see things from our perspective pretty much exclusively.
However, from the Earth’s perspective, the same quote applies to the health of Planet Earth.
Planet Earth has everything that it/she needs to be healthy and healed. But the practices and industries that human beings have created make it harder for the Earth to heal itself.
Things like factory farming and cutting down trees are violent energies that a lot of people have become desensitized to.
But those are the things that are destroying the Planet.
We all have a choice: help to heal the World OR stay on the same track that you’ve been on, eating the same unhealthy things that you’ve been eating forever and continuing to be addicted to it.
Whatever attachments people have to meat, sugar, and dairy – it doesn’t matter. The Earth is having a harder time to sustain itself as the violence to the Earth, ocean, and the atmosphere continues.
The word violence here is very appropriate. Anyone who thinks it’s too drastic to say that only perpetuates that desensitization is embedded in Earth culture.
Not meaning to get too fussy but it’s important to highlight the importance of giving caring energy to the Earth.
If you care at all about:
- The Health of Future Generations – (Not just the Earth that our children will inherit but the dietary habits as well. Childhood addiction to sugar is how you start your child down a path that is hard to break. And yes, meaty products are “tasty” but they’re also addicting. Teach babies that strawberries (and other fruits) taste good and they’ll be on a healthier path for life. Learn how to cook and season vegetables and it won’t be hard to eat them.)
- The Oceans – ( they are getting to hot and acidic and nautical habitats are dying. And over harvesting creating dead zones all over the natural world under the sea.)
- The Trees (Amazon Rainforests continue to be cut down for mass farming. And seriously, IS THERE ANY RAINFOREST LEFT AT THIS POINT?? Somebody go and take a picture because I need to see something.)
- The Planetary Water Supply (Harvesting animals uses sooo much fresh water. After all this time (70+ years), the Earth is having a hard time maintaining the balance. Especially with trees being torn down. Trees help to maintain balance on the surface of the Earth and below. Is the meat and dairy industry so dumb that they don’t understand the importance of trees, or do they just not care? The answer: they don’t care.)
- The Animals – (Everyone agrees that murder, rape, manipulation, and separating a mom and baby are terrible acts for someone to go through. But that happens to thousands of animals every day. Why is it okay to rape animals? That’s not fair. It happens all the time. Desensitization.)
Okay, this is Easy Light Sources so let’s lighten it up!
The good news? It’s EASY to help the environment!!!
You probably think I’m going to say GO VEGAN because of the mass amount of vegan propaganda but I’m not going there. I don’t even call myself a vegan.
Want to help Planet Earth? Stop eating so many animals and animal products. Stop consuming so much sugar, too! THAT’S IT.
In the case of sugar, make a choice to eat smaller amounts of it. Sugar is in almost everything and in high amounts. It takes effort to be healthy. But laziness has never been very rewarding anyway.
For meat, eat less of it. Make a conscious effort to take a day or a few days and just not eat animals. It’s really not that hard, ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE VEGETARIAN MEAT AND CHEESE SUBSTITUTES OUT THERE.
Technically, cheese is already vegetarian but you know what I mean. Mother cows are raped for that extra sharp cheddar cheese, too.
It all comes down to better choices. Let’s do it for the Planet!
And here’s a video about the Planetary Health Diet! https://youtu.be/G0JMZWgmA_o