Today is 02022020 and such a cool date calls for doing something out of the ordinary.Continue reading Mirror Meditation
Sometimes things in life make us feel weak and that’s just the way it is.
This is so true for me. And then I started meditating with the Archangels and the things they show me helps to strengthen me.
It’s nothing crazy at all. Meditation is so approachable.
So if you were to go deeper, here’s how you do it: Imagine a color. Give that color a texture. Feel the texture. Then give it a smell. And a taste. And then a sound.
It’s a lot of fun when you realize the endless combinations. OR you can just do one combination (color + texture, for example) and it’ll still be great!
That’s really the end of the tips. It works wonders and it is very peaceful.
Every day, I meditate. As my life gets more chaotic behind the scenes, I find myself meditating a lot more! Here are some things I’ve noticed with regular meditation practice:Continue reading 5 Thoughts On Meditation
Solipsism is the view or theory that The Self is all that can be known to exist.
You can only experience your conscious perspective subjectively, whether you are dreaming or manifesting imagery with your imagination – you perceive this reality only through your eyes.
Because you have the ability to create imagery in your mind just as vivid as you do when you actually experience it in reality, there is no way to definitively prove you didn’t create the observable universe mentally in the first place.
You can recreate the voice, look, movement, smell and feel of a person you haven’t seen in years instantly using your mind.
You can also create objects and people that don’t exist and give them unique characteristics in realistic situations with no effort mentally.
Lucid dreaming, astral projections, and visualizations are all prime examples of you materializing “real” experiences in your head!
You can’t prove you’re not God
and neither can I.
*Summary at the end of this article!*
If you know what anxiety feels like then you already know: anxiety is not fun. Anxious feelings are unpleasant.
At best, the anxious feelings won’t be more than mild nervousness before something important or meaningful is about to happen. At worst, the anxiousness will be a full blown anxiety attack over something small or out of your control.
As with all medical problems, see your doctor if anxiety is disrupting your quality of life. And also, all medical problems will come with circumstances that are specific to you and your situation. One size does not fit all.
The numerous anxiety-related disorders pinpoint all the different ways that these uncomfortable feelings and stress responses display themselves.
To have true happiness in your life, anxiety sufferers have to find a way to not be weighed down by it. As with everything, rising above anxiety starts with knowing what it is. This is key to stopping anxiety attacks once and for all.
What Is Anxiety?
The Easy Light Sources definition of anxiety is stress. This can be the stress of the unknown, the stress of not being in control, or anything else that applies.
Stress is a part of life. How you handle it is really what matters. A lot of stressful situations can be prevented by:
- Being organized
- Not obsessing over things you cannot control
- Controlling your thoughts
- Having a hobby or interest to participate in
Unrecognized stress and anxiety can turn into unhealthy coping skills. Uncontrolled anxiety can get progressively worse.
Chemical-Free Anxiety Medication?
Treating yourself without medication is only for the strongest amongst us. Everyone is stronger than they think.
If you’ve been diagnosed with a split brain, or you believe that you need medication to stop you from hurting someone then go ahead and medicate yourself. But just remember, a dependency is not a cure. If you as unable to have the anxiety management drugs, you don’t want to fall apart.
Treating yourself without medication and pills is possible. It’s just stress management using the natural resources available to you!
A word about anxiety treatment with natural substances: CBD Oil is the latest natural supplement for anxiety. People love it and there’s are thousands of testimonials that support the claim that CBD Oil is the bees knees. On a lesser tier, herbs, such as valerian and passionflower also do the same relaxing things in the body. Natural substances are a good way to go but NO substances is the actual way to go for longevity (long-term anxiety relief).
It would be helpful to learn ways to ground yourself with your five senses. Learning these things before you have an anxiety attack will make it easier to use them during an anxious moment.
- Sight – Take several moments to look at something beautiful. Pretty flowers, regal animals, artistic cloud patterns, smiling faces of your loved ones, lush green grass, colorful fruit. Anything that you like that you find pleasant to your eyes… You can also close your eyes and visualize the pleasant things that you enjoy looking at.
- Smell – Make it a priority to smell some fresh air every day. There are other scents too – natural oils, essential oils, fresh flowers, cooking food and/or baked goods, pungent herbs, coconut oil, and more.. It doesn’t have to just be things you like the smell of. The scent of bitter herbs also brings new energy to your experience.
- Feelings – Take a moment to appreciate the texture of different materials around you. The pattern of your jeans, the softness of a cotton shirt, the cool metal of your earrings, your heavy belt buckle, a plush blanket, a soft pillow…. Feelings also come in the form of an emotional expression. Indulge in the feeling of things that you are grateful for, thankful for, and what brings feelings of joy.
- Taste – Because of the tendency for food to become a dependency, anxiety-related disorders should not be treated with food. Sweets, candy, salty foods, chips, all of these things should be enjoyed in peace. Anxiety attacks are not peaceful moments.
- Hearing – “They say music can alter moods and talk to you.” It’s true! Because of this truth, the music that you listen to during anxious moments should be pre-chosen before you have a moment. Use any and all of your favorite songs. If you enjoy hate music – That is, music with negative or harm inducing lyrics, listen to it once or a few times. As you listen to it, have the intention to release your anxiety into the lyrics. Cry if you need to. But balance it out with some “it will be okay, it’s a wonderful day” type of lyrics.
The options are endless! It is worth it to take the time to determine what you like and what adds good energy to your mental state. Keep your resources close to you.
If none of the simple suggestions above help, you may really want to consider whether or not you actually want to be rid of anxiety. You have the give it a try.
Now we should really talk about social anxiety.
What Causes Social Anxiety?
Social anxiety has two components:
Other people can be mean, they can be jerks. For some reason there are some people who are mean spirited on purpose. They want other people to feel pain and hurt. Being on the receiving end of this energy can certainly cause people problems socially.
Being teased will certainly prevent someone from wanting to share their thoughts and ideas with others because of the fear of being ridiculed.
It’s understandable but it’s also a weak position that hinders you from progressing socially and otherwise.
A person with social anxiety would benefit much better to accept more responsibility for their social anxiety.
The harsh truth comes down to the fact that most socially anxious people have insecurity at their core. Sure, the insecurity may be caused by someone else’s actions toward you but it takes a strong person to decide to control their own feelings. Be that strong person.
Strength and believing in yourself has many forms and it looks different depending on the situation.
Being able to adapt is a key skill to live without anxiety. But first, let’s see what strength and believing in yourself looks like:
- Saying no when you want to say no.
- Letting someone know when they’re being a jerk.
- Speaking your opinion and/or speaking facts that you know to be true.
- Dressing in a style that you find appealing.
- Leaving a room that is hostile towards you.
- Entering a room that you belong in.
- Not believing negative things that people say to you or about you.
- Choosing to be happy.
- Practicing self-care to increase your personal value.
- Always doing your best.
When it comes to adaptation, there is strength in flexibility. Being too rigid makes it hard for other people to work with you. Just how you have your own thoughts and ideas about things, so do other people. Only wanting to do things your way is unfair to other people. It is also unfair to you because that means that you’re blocking your ability to expand your mind via other other perspectives.
Control issues is a form of anxiety, too. Wanting to control everything causes stress because 1) you’ll be stressed if things don’t go according to how you want it to. And 2) you’ll be uptight as you hold on too tight.
Drugs and Anxiety
Drugs cause anxiety. If you can’t get the drug, you’ll be anxious. You can become anxious as you worry about the quality of your drugs. The way that a drug reacts with your brain cells may cause anxiety. Being high and not in control can cause anxiety. Taking a break from drugs can cause anxiety as your body cleanses itself.
And so on. Remember, any substance can cause anxiety. Especially if you can’t get any and you don’t know how to cope with sobriety.
Why Does Depression and Anxiety Commonly Go Hand-in-Hand?
The unfortunate truth is that many people who have depression also have anxiety. Depression, for many, is a lower energy form of anxiety.
To be frank, each of these emotional disorders are bad enough on their own. Combining them into a common phrase -depression and anxiety – subliminally encourages people to put them together and claim both problems.
However, unfortunately, lots of people who have one of these disorders will have the other. That’s because they share a root cause of perspective: pessimism.
So, What Are Some Proper Solutions / Anxiety Coping Skills:
There are some coping skills listed earlier in this article geared toward the 5 senses. So instead of repeating those great suggestions, it would be helpful to mention something that is not popularly stated when it comes to treating anxiety. That is –
Anxiety is an emotional and thought-driven disorder. You can control your thoughts. JUST THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE.
Before you say “It’s not that easy” ask yourself this question: “would you rather think about what’s causing your anxiety attack or would you rather think about something else?” Stop reliving bad experiences.
If you must think about the trigger then CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE about it. In any unfortunate situation, determine how you can win or benefit from it. Whatever it is, frame it in a way that it works to your advantage.
If you can’t do that then your mental fortitude needs to be strengthened.
- Anxiety is an unhealthy response to stress.
- Grounding yourself is a good way to curve anxiety attacks.
- For long-lasting anxiety relief, it’s imperative to learn how to cope without the use of any substances (natural/unnatural).
- At the root of social anxiety is insecurity.
- Drugs cause anxiety.
- Depression and anxiety both have pessimism as a root cause.
- Anxiety solutions include getting an anxiety bracelet, getting counseling, meditation, controlling your thoughts, being organized, and going with the flow.
*There is a summary of self-care (ideas, tips, & more) at the end of this article*
In mainstream society, there is an emphasis on being a good citizen – giving without expectation of reciprocation, and being kind to people regardless of how they treat you.
All of that is fine, but have you noticed that there is more conversation on giving good to other people than there is a mention of giving good to yourself?
Yes, as humans we have to care and look out for each other with kindness and respect.
But what’s more important is to give yourself those same considerations.
Be extra nice to yourself. Go out of the way to make sure that you’re taken care of. Treat yourself good without needing a reason.
This, my dear, is the basis of proper self-care.
What Is The Definition Of Self-Care?
The Easy Light Sources Definition of self-care is protecting yourself from things that you don’t want to experience.
Simply put, self-care can be defined as taking care of yourself… Beyond the basic needs of food/shelter/clothing… We can assume that you have those things already. It’s not enough to cover the complexities that the human experience is comprised of.
The actual experiences that people feel in life are varied. So, self-care will also be varied according to what each person personally values.
Another definition of self care comes down to what you can do for yourself that creates feelings of self love. These are thing things that not only make you feel good, they also make you feel like an upgraded version of yourself.
Again, and I must emphasize, this will be different for everyone. And that’s okay, there is no judgment here. Stay true to yourself, that’s what’s important.
Why You Need A Self-Care Plan
A self-care plan will help to keep you protected as effortlessly as possible. Doing so will constantly keep you above the parts of life that you don’t want to be apart of.
In this world, there are millions of external programs, news, ideas, games, works, etcetera that can be focused on. All of these things can leave you neglected in many ways.
Most times, we can only do one thing at a time. Being consumed by other people’s created content is easy.
That’s not a bad thing, it just makes it easy for your own to-do list to fall by the wayside.
Having a self care plan allows your care to become a regular thing, on autopilot, so to speak. You’ll still have to put forth the effort to put yourself first but it’s easy when it’s something that you regularly do.
Remember: taking care of yourself is an expression of self-love!
People who regularly practice self-care are adding value to the world just by adding value to themselves.
Those who practice self-care:
- Are more emotional balanced
- Experience inner happiness
- Display value without words
- Are better able to help others, even if they’re not going out of their way to do so
- Garner more respect from others because they outwardly respect themselves
- Have peace as a constant experience
The only reason you need to practice self-care is the fact that you love yourself and you want to enhance your life experience for the better.
Self-Care Tips and Ideas
The typical tips and suggestions of expressing self care usually focused on leisurely grooming habits. Ie:
- Take a long, hot bath with bubbles, bath bombs & essential oils,
- Do a facial,
- Paint your nails,
- Get a massage,
- Let a professional wash your hair,
These things are good because they make you feel special.
If taking a bubble bath raises your spirit considerably then you should do it as often as you can.
Self-care and self-love practices are more than just the physical practices. The best self-care is when you are protecting yourself from negative energy and experiences. That includes your own negative energy. You want to protect yourself from negative thoughts and detrimental habits.
Always thinking positive is an ideal trait. There is strength in having an optimistic outlook without delusion.
Self-care translates to self-respect when you outwardly protect yourself from other people’s negative energy and experiences. If there are negative words being directed to you or something that you love, you will need to use your words to protect yourself. Speak up and don’t let someone be a bully. It may feel uncomfortable at the time but being meek can make you feel uncomfortable a lot longer…
Being smart with your self-care will also tell you when to walk away from bad situations. You don’t have to enter every door that you’re invited to. Take care of yourself as a priority.
Here are some more self-care ideas:
- Listen to uplifting music,
- Do a happy dance when you’re happy,
- Allow yourself to cry when you need to,
- Don’t be sad for longer than a couple of hours,
- Read more books on subjects that interest you,
- Smell flowers that you see (literally smell them)
- Smile and wave at children,
- Celebrate when you see someone win,
- Give out high fives when appropriate,
- Create something that you believe in,
- Practice patience daily,
- Be courageous,
- Be proactive about what you want to accomplish in your life,
- Daily meditation
For more self-care ideas, you will have to look within yourself and recognize what you need. Not what you want, but what you need. Unhealthy desserts may fill a want but if you need to be healthy in your life then be honest about what energy you’re feeding.
Positive Songs With Self-Care Lyrics
Ideally, a person will create their own playlist of their favorite songs that have good energy and no hate-lyrics.
If you like songs with hate-lyrics, don’t play it on repeat. Listen to it once or twice and use that play time to release your own negative energy.
Speaking back on self-care and self-love lyrical songs, here are a few that I can think of immediately:
- The Greatest Love Of All by Whitney Houston
- All Songs by Cambatta, namely, The Shaman, No Fear & DMT
- Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson
- Say You, Say Me – Lionel Richie
- Fire Away – Naill Horan
- You Got A Friend – Roberta Flack
- Diamonds – Rihanna
- Amazing – Kanye West
And more, this is not a conclusive list! It’s more than lyrics that matter, the whole vibration has to speak to you positively, the instruments played, the tone of the singer…
Show Yourself Love And Care Through What You Consume
Consuming in a literal sense is wanting that stimulates the senses:
- What you taste on your tongue,
- What you hear,
- What you smell,
- What your see,
- What you feel.
These things can be positive or negative. They can make you feel good, or they can make you feel bad. Usually it is easy to tell the difference between the two.
Gulity Pleasures make it hard to tell if you’re harming yourself long-term for a short-term pleasure.
Once in a while, go ahead and indulge. The keywords there are once in a while.
The goal is to be healthy as much as you can be – healthy inside and out. That way, it wont cause too much damage to go into a guilty pleasure.
Unhealthy guilty pleasures on a daily basis are just bad decisions and low self control…
This article is nearing the end so I want to go back over how we consume things with our senses and how we can consciously protect ourselves with our senses in mind:
- Taste– Consuming foods that will protect your body from illness instead of eating things that contributing to illness.
- Sight – Looking at things that make you feel good and inspired instead of seeing things that disturb you.
- Touch – Physically giving your skin an experience that is luxurious or pleasant instead of causing uncomfortable feelings or scars.
- Hear – Listening to positive messages or uplifting content versus content that makes you feel down or negative.
- Smell – There are some scents that make people feel high, these also can harm your lungs, brain, and other organs. No high is worth that.
If the things that you like are detrimental then you really need to consider how much you value yourself and how much damage you’re actually doing. Every once in a while it’s not so bad, especially if you make healthy decisions most of the time.
What If Nothing In This Article Helps You?
If you find these tips to be unhelpful to your self-care journey and you do not feel increased self-love, you may need to go deeper within yourself to find out what you need to feel cared for and protected.
A professional therapist has the training that you need. Please get help, everyone deserves to feel loved.
If you can’t afford a therapist then you owe it to yourself to try to take care of yourself the best that you can. See the good in everything and you’re already halfway there!
- Self-Care is showing yourself love and protecting yourself from negative experiences.
- People who practice self-care are happier, and garner more respect by displaying value onto themselves.
- Creating a self-care plan will protect you in everyday life.
- Good Ideas for Self-Care stem from what brings you good feelings. Choose the practices that will bring you short-term pleasure and long-term value.
- Consume content that inspires you, teaches you, and makes you dance.
- Eating well is self-care.
- People who value themselves are more valued by others.
- If you’re in need of further assistance, seek therapy. If you cannot afford a therapist, work harder to seek the good in life.