With natural sugars, it’s true that you’re getting a healthier way to sweeten your goods! But even the healthiest foods will be unpopularly utilized if the taste doesn’t appeal to you.Continue reading Organic Coconut Sugar Review
I had the wonderful pleasure of being one of the first to try some new body butter made by Honey Punny!
First let me say that this post is not sponsored – I purchased this myself and even chose the lemon scent too! 🍋
So with that being said, I have to say that I really love this body butter.
It’s really, really smooth, thanks to the mixture of coconut oil, cocoa butter and Shea butter. It glides on so smoothly! It’s amazing.
The lemon scent is super fresh and crisp. And long lasting – I used some hours ago and I can still smell it on my skin.
And, that’s not all. As a gift, the creator of Honey Punny, Kishawna, also included some free samples – a couple of bath bomb and some Vicks Vapor Rub Crystals. They are both well crafted as well. Check out a full review of these products below:
BUY BODY BUTTER HERE: https://easylightsources.org/honey-punny/
Around Easy Light Sources, we say this a lot : The Earth has everything we need to be healthy and healed.
As human beings, we talk about ourselves a lot… And a majority of us see things from our perspective pretty much exclusively.
However, from the Earth’s perspective, the same quote applies to the health of Planet Earth.
Planet Earth has everything that it/she needs to be healthy and healed. But the practices and industries that human beings have created make it harder for the Earth to heal itself.
Things like factory farming and cutting down trees are violent energies that a lot of people have become desensitized to.
But those are the things that are destroying the Planet.
We all have a choice: help to heal the World OR stay on the same track that you’ve been on, eating the same unhealthy things that you’ve been eating forever and continuing to be addicted to it.
Whatever attachments people have to meat, sugar, and dairy – it doesn’t matter. The Earth is having a harder time to sustain itself as the violence to the Earth, ocean, and the atmosphere continues.
The word violence here is very appropriate. Anyone who thinks it’s too drastic to say that only perpetuates that desensitization is embedded in Earth culture.
Not meaning to get too fussy but it’s important to highlight the importance of giving caring energy to the Earth.
If you care at all about:
- The Health of Future Generations – (Not just the Earth that our children will inherit but the dietary habits as well. Childhood addiction to sugar is how you start your child down a path that is hard to break. And yes, meaty products are “tasty” but they’re also addicting. Teach babies that strawberries (and other fruits) taste good and they’ll be on a healthier path for life. Learn how to cook and season vegetables and it won’t be hard to eat them.)
- The Oceans – ( they are getting to hot and acidic and nautical habitats are dying. And over harvesting creating dead zones all over the natural world under the sea.)
- The Trees (Amazon Rainforests continue to be cut down for mass farming. And seriously, IS THERE ANY RAINFOREST LEFT AT THIS POINT?? Somebody go and take a picture because I need to see something.)
- The Planetary Water Supply (Harvesting animals uses sooo much fresh water. After all this time (70+ years), the Earth is having a hard time maintaining the balance. Especially with trees being torn down. Trees help to maintain balance on the surface of the Earth and below. Is the meat and dairy industry so dumb that they don’t understand the importance of trees, or do they just not care? The answer: they don’t care.)
- The Animals – (Everyone agrees that murder, rape, manipulation, and separating a mom and baby are terrible acts for someone to go through. But that happens to thousands of animals every day. Why is it okay to rape animals? That’s not fair. It happens all the time. Desensitization.)
Okay, this is Easy Light Sources so let’s lighten it up!
The good news? It’s EASY to help the environment!!!
You probably think I’m going to say GO VEGAN because of the mass amount of vegan propaganda but I’m not going there. I don’t even call myself a vegan.
Want to help Planet Earth? Stop eating so many animals and animal products. Stop consuming so much sugar, too! THAT’S IT.
In the case of sugar, make a choice to eat smaller amounts of it. Sugar is in almost everything and in high amounts. It takes effort to be healthy. But laziness has never been very rewarding anyway.
For meat, eat less of it. Make a conscious effort to take a day or a few days and just not eat animals. It’s really not that hard, ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE VEGETARIAN MEAT AND CHEESE SUBSTITUTES OUT THERE.
Technically, cheese is already vegetarian but you know what I mean. Mother cows are raped for that extra sharp cheddar cheese, too.
It all comes down to better choices. Let’s do it for the Planet!
And here’s a video about the Planetary Health Diet! https://youtu.be/G0JMZWgmA_o
Obtaining nutrients is a big reason why we eat. Food is fuel for our bodies. The quality of that food fuel is what has the power to make us feel good versus feeling sluggish and crappy.
Vitamins and minerals are so essential.
Here’s a quick rundown of most of all Vitamins:
- Vitamin A – contributes to healthy body tissues, pretty hair & skin, and it also protects the cells.
- Vitamin B – Makes it possible for the nervous system to communicate with itself and with the body. Without B-vitamins, your body will not behave like you want it to.
- Vitamin C – This one shows love to the human body by protecting cells, organs, and tissues from outside germs. Not only does it prevent infections, Vitamin C also provides healing benefits to a weakened immune system. Vitamin C also works really well with the mineral Iron.
- Vitamin D – Essential for mineral absorption in the body. It comes from the sun! Remember: the sun is the ultimate light source!
- Vitamin E – Having quality hair and skin is a benefit of consuming this antioxidant vitamin! It protects the cells from damage and free radicals.
- Vitamin F – The body needs fatty acids for several reasons which include the processing and transportation of vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin G – Nourishes the nervous system!
- Vitamin K – Nourishes the blood and liver. It also helps the nervous system. This one is well known for promoting healthy clotting abilities in the blood. Hospitals like to give this to brand new babies, minutes after they are born. It’s important to note, Vitamin K can be made by the human body. It is a by-product of the bacteria made in the gut (intestines).
- Vitamin L – Further research is needed here, stay tuned!
- Vitamin P – Promotes stomach health.
… That about covers the most common vitamins that start with the name Vitamin. Of course, there will be updates as more information is uncovered.
As always, thank you for reading.
For additional reading, check out this article on if plants can be used as drugs
Here are the books that were used for this article:
African Holistic Health by Dr. Laila Afrika.
Every Woman’s Book by Dr. Paavo Airola.
Microbiology in Action by J. Heritage, E.G.V Evans, and R.A Killington.
Apples are pretty well universally accepted as a solid fruit.
Physically, yes they’re solid. But, they’re also always available and come in an impressive amount of variety.
One bite of a McIntosh apple highlights what makes these stand out from the others. They’re really soft. So soft, they seem to be perfect for making applesauce. I wouldn’t recommend making a pie with them, lol.
The peeling is different as it can actually peel off the apple with your fingers.
Yes, they’re sweet and juicy too.
Some apples keep well for possibly weeks and weeks. McIntosh Apples do not. Only buy these apples when you anticipate the entire bag to be eaten within 1-3 days.
The soft flesh, I think, contributes to the ease of decay.
However, they are super delicious nonetheless.
Sage is an herb that is known for several different things. It can help out nutritionally, physically, spiritually, and other ways too. This article is a good list: 12 health benefits and uses of sage.
Sage is very well-known as a tool that is used to clean the air / atmosphere. Any stuffy places will be refreshed by burning sage. The smoke actually disinfects too – it kills bacteria in the air. More specifically, it’s the essential oils that become airborne that do the cleansing. We can thank the powerful sage essential oil for that.
Of course, a dry bundle of whole sage leaves is not the only form it’s found in. As an herb, rubbed and/or ground sage is found in many spice cabinets. The savory flavor goes well with comforting foods.
Fresh sage is really interesting – the leaves are soft like plant-based velvet. If you need to smudge your house in a emergency and you don’t have any sage bundles, you can boil fresh sage leaves and use the steam to do what you need to do.
Consuming sage in the form of a tea is great to fight inflammation in the body’s digestive system. The cleansing effects that sage brings to an environment also extends to the environment of your body. Be consistent with your sage consumption and your immune system will thank you. It comes in capsules to make it easier to eat a lot of. Remember, gaining benefits from herbs comes down to
1. Eating them consistently,
2. Over a respectable period of time.
Sage also smells wonderful and will cover up almost any other smell, for example burnt food or tobacco smoke.
Don’t leave hot sage unattended because sometimes it’s still smouldering when it should have gone out a while ago.